Sunday, July 29, 2012

Forsyth Reads Together

I’ve been lucky to have met a number of authors at various book signings over the years.  I’ve been even luckier to have helped coordinate some author appearances at libraries.  And I have a great track record, only losing one author.  (It was an accident!  After the event, the author followed me in his car to the hotel where I had booked him.  I turned left, but he kept going!)  I’m going to be very careful not to lose the author scheduled to visit us in September, because he’s an authentic Southern treasure. 

We are very honored that Terry Kay has accepted our request to speak about his novel To Dance with the White Dog, which has been selected as the 2012 Forsyth Reads Together title.  You can meet Terry and get a book signed at the kickoff event on Monday, September 10 at 7:00 p.m. at the Lanier Tech Forsyth Conference Center.  In the few weeks following the kickoff there will be a number of related events.

Pat Conroy has a great quote: “Terry Kay is a perfect writer for those who love to read.  His prose contains music and passion and fire.  His work is tender and heartbreaking and memorable.”

Have you read To Dance with the White Dog yet?  If so, tell us about it below.  And we’ll see you in September!

Steve Kight
Assistant Director for Public Services

No comments: