Friday, March 22, 2013

Teen Picks

To celebrate Teen Tech Week, March 10-17, we asked teens to tell us what they're reading. Here's what local library-loving teens had to say about their favorite genres:

Fantasy, fiction, here and there, different genres and topics everywhere!
My favorite genre is mystery, as much as I love romance and fantasy. I find mystery entertaining and suspenseful at the same time. This genre is captivating and keeps you at the edge of your seat and keeps you guessing at each turn. I absolutely love feeling the rush of adrenaline and trying to understand the secrets and lies throughout books. If you're anything like me you will love to get confused and try to understand what is going on. One minute you will think something and then the next you will think again. Mystery truly lives up the its name--it is a mystery something very hard to understand, sometimes something that leaves you hanging, not knowing what will happen next. I enjoy mystery because it gives me the rush in my life that I need, as well as making me believe I am in the character's situation. -Lauren

My favorite genre is fiction because in fiction you can get lost in the book, and when there is a cliffhanger you can imagine what will happen next. That is why I love fiction. -Nithya

My favorite genre of books is mystery. I like mystery because when you’re reading the book usually the first page of the book draws you in and makes you want to read more. The vivid language and the way the author describes what is going on gives you chills and really just intrigues you to want to read more. Mystery books are like hands that grab you and pull you in, they consume you, and cover you with extreme thrills. A lot of the parts in a mystery book will make you jump or shock you. -Alexis

Check out the library catalog to browse our wide selection of teen literature!

No comments: