Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Staff Picks

Suzanne Collins' second novel in The Hunger Games trilogy, Catching Fire, has been one of the most inspirational books I have ever read. It has taught me how to be courageous in the toughest of times, strong in the moments that make me weak, and responsible in the periods I find myself slacking. The main character, Katniss Everdeen, a seventeen year old girl living in the outer districts of Panem, finds herself in the worst situation she could have imagined. After going through the Hunger Games the first time, she is then asked to participate in a second games with more experienced players. I see her grow in maturity as her problems grow bigger. As a seventeen year old like myself, I can compare with her in many more ways than one. In reading the book, I have seen her strength while facing these horrible situations and have learned how to face similar ones myself. She is my role model because she encompasses everything I wish to be as a woman. I would recommend this novel to anyone searching to find purpose in their life. It is a very well written adventure novel with suspense, romance, and emotion.

No comments: