What is LearningExpress Library?
LearningExpress Library is an in-depth eResource that offers skill-building content in several different categories or “centers.” Within each center are comprehensive resources related to that topic, such as eBooks, tutorials, and practice tests.
What can I learn?
LearningExpress Library offers content and practice tests in these subject areas:
- Adult Learning Center – features math resources; reading, writing and grammar resources; citizenship training.
- Career Center – learn about specific careers; prepare for entrance exams for Health Occupations and Nursing School; or prepare for occupational exams like Medical Assistant, Pharmacy Technician or Veterinary Technician.
- High School Equivalency Center – offers subject specific assessments; practice tests and guidance for areas of improvement for the GED in English and Spanish; features prep materials for the HiSet and TASC.
- School Center – subject specific practice exercises and resources for elementary, middle and high school students.
- College Preparation Center – features tutorials, practice tests, and eBooks for ACT, SAT, PSAT and more; offers exercises to assist with writing college admissions essays.
- Computer Skills Center – learn basic computer and internet skills; basic, intermediate and advanced skills for the entire Microsoft suite of products for 2007, 2010 and 2013 versions; computer graphics and illustration using Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop CS5 and CS6.
There are other useful centers to explore, including Recursos para Hispanohablantes and the Job and Career Accelerator. Other helpful features include timed and untimed practice test modes, instant test scoring, and detailed answer explanations.
How do I access the LearningExpress Library?
FCPL patrons may access this free eResource on any library computer, or via the library's website. Just go to www.forsythpl.org, click eLibrary and eResources, then click Education and Test Preparation, then click LearningExpress Library.
Patrons can create a free account to save their preferences, test results, or create an individualized study plan. Please ask library staff if you have questions about accessing and using LearningExpress Library or our other eResources.