Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Library Limelight: Elise Herbst, HR Representative, Library Headquarters

Library Limelight is intended to be a quick read to help FCPL patrons get to know our librarians and staff.  We hope you enjoy learning about the people who make our libraries great!

Elise is pictured here waiting to see her children perform
as part of the “Marching Owls” in the KSU Marching Band.
Elise Herbst
HR Representative
Library Headquarters

Where is your hometown?
I grew up in Topsfield, Massachusetts.In my teenage years, my family moved to Baltimore, Maryland.
How long have you been at FCPL?
1 year and 10 months
What other jobs have you had at FCPL?
HR Representative is the only position I have held at FCPL.
Why did you choose to work in a library?
I had been in education for seven years and was ready for a change when I saw the job posting from FCPL for a HR Representative. I have always been community-oriented and I saw a way to return to the field that I love (HR) and serve the community, as well.  
Describe your job in five words or less.
Recruitment, Volunteers, Multi-tasking, Benefits, Reports
What is unique about your job?
In Human Resources we interact with every department, employee, and volunteer at FCPL. 
What is your favorite part of your job?
Every day presents new challenges and opportunities, but my favorite part is recruitment. I love being able to call someone to extend a job offer! 
What’s the most interesting place you’ve lived or traveled?
I have traveled to Israel twice, once before having children and then again when my children were teenagers. It was really interesting to experience Israel again through the eyes of my children.
What are your hobbies?
I love to cook and collecting cookbooks.
What are you reading right now?
I just finished A Man Called Ove by Fredrik Blackman.
Paper books or eBooks?
I used to mainly read eBooks, but since coming to FCPL I have rediscovered how much I like holding a paper book!
Is there anything else you’d like to share?
I love working at FCPL!

No comments: