Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Library Limelight: Virginia Kostulakos, Collection Support Aide, Hampton Park Library

Library Limelight is intended to be a quick read to help FCPL patrons get to know our librarians and staff. We hope you enjoy learning about the people who make our libraries great!

Virginia Kostulakos
Collection Support Aide
Hampton Park Library

Where is your hometown?
I was born and raised in Sayreville, NJ, then lived in Lakewood, NJ, for 27 years before moving to Cumming in 2007.
How long have you been at FCPL?
Six years as a CSA at Hampton Park
What other jobs have you had at FCPL?
I was a volunteer at Hampton Park, helping to get it set up prior to its opening in March 2010 and continued until I was hired in October 2011.
Why did you choose to work in a library?
I enjoy reading and being around people.
Describe your job in five words or less.
Checking in and shelving books
What is unique about your job?
CSAs touch just about everything in the library. We shelf read, inventory, shelve, shift, and pull books for holds among other things.
What is your favorite part of your job?
The diversity
What’s the most interesting place you’ve lived or traveled?
My husband and I just cruised from Los Angeles to Fort Lauderdale, Florida, via the Panama Canal.
What are your hobbies?
My grandchildren, then baking, cooking, and reading
What are you reading right now?
The newest Jan Karon novel, To Be Where You Are
Paper books, eBooks, or audiobooks?
eBooks when available
Is there anything else you’d like to share?
I have been married for 43 years to my husband, Dennis. We have one son, Jonathan, a beautiful daughter-in-law, Kelley, and are blessed with a grandson, Collin, and a granddaughter, Lilly.

No comments: