Wednesday, August 1, 2018

Library Limelight: Christy Winters, Library Board Member

Library Limelight is intended to be a quick read to help FCPL patrons get to know our librarians, staff, and volunteers. We hope you enjoy learning about the people who make our libraries great!

Christy Winters
Library Board Member

Where is your hometown?
I was born in Birmingham, Alabama.
What’s the most interesting place you’ve lived or traveled?
My husband and I had a wonderful 20th anniversary trip to Italy, France, and Germany. With kids at home, we rarely get to travel alone, so it was a real treat!
What are your hobbies?
Between working and being a mom, I don’t have a lot of free time. But, I love to read and always have 2-3 books going at the same time. 
What do you love about libraries?
I love the variety of materials and how you can sit down with a book and get lost in another time. One of the highlights of the house we bought when we moved to Forsyth County was that it was within walking distance of Sharon Forks Library. When my girls were little, we would walk there and spend hours looking around and checking out books. I love those memories, especially now that they are both in high school and probably wouldn’t be seen walking with me anywhere.   
What are you reading right now?
Saint John Paul the Great: His Five Loves by Jason Evert, Raspberry Danish Murder by Joanne Fluke, and some lighthearted romance novel audiobook that I will download tonight because I just finished the last one on my commute home (you need lighthearted reading for Atlanta traffic). 
Paper books, eBooks, or audiobooks?
Paper and audiobooks. I tried eBooks a few years back and really still preferred the weight of a paper book in my hand, but it is probably time to try it again!
Is there anything else you’d like to share?
Forsyth County libraries are AMAZING and I feel so blessed to now be a teeny tiny part of it! Thank you all for all of your hard work and dedication! You must be so proud of what you have accomplished!