Thursday, January 2, 2020

Library Limelight: Susmita Purkait, Collection Support Aide, Sharon Forks Library

Library Limelight is intended to be a quick read to help FCPL patrons get to know our librarians, staff, and volunteers. We hope you enjoy learning about the people who make our libraries great!

Susmita Purkait
Collection Support Aide
Sharon Forks Library



Where is your hometown?
My hometown is Kolkata, India.
How long have you been at FCPL?
I have been at FCPL for three years.
What other jobs have you had at FCPL?
I volunteered at the Cumming branch.
Why did you choose to work in a library?
I chose to work in a library because I like the peaceful, educational environment of the library.
Describe your job in five words or less.
Informative, helpful, flexible
What is unique about your job?
It allows me to learn something new every day.
What is your favorite part of your job?
My favorite part is the wide variety of different books.
What’s the most interesting place you’ve lived or traveled?
Last year, I traveled to Banff National Park in Canada. It’s one of the most beautiful places on earth with its mountains and unique lakes.
What are your hobbies?
My hobbies include traveling to new places and reading.
Paper books, eBooks, or audiobooks?
I prefer paper books, because of the feel and experience.