Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Staff Favorites of 2014 - 9th in a Series

I really enjoyed the audiobook version of Robert Crais' Suspect.   This is a story of two police officers, one a man and one a dog, both of whom are suffering from PTSD and who find themselves partnered together. Both Scott and Maggie must learn to trust each other and the story is very emotionally moving.  The narrator did an excellent job giving life to all the different characters, including Maggie, the police-dog.   I really enjoyed the different character point of views and I felt that Crais portrayed Maggie in a very realistic way.   Any book that can make me cry or laugh out loud is a winner!

I also really liked the following audiobooks:

China Dolls by Lisa See 

Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell

A Sudden Light by Garth Stein






Meredith Bowermeister
Information Services Supervisor

No comments: