Thursday, March 26, 2015

Library Limelight: Holly Barfield, Assistant Director for Information Technology

Holly with a Stormtrooper at the library's
Star Wars Reads Day celebration.
Library Limelight is intended to be a quick read to help FCPL patrons get to know our librarians and staff.  We hope you enjoy learning about the people who make our libraries great!

Holly Barfield
Assistant Director for Information Technology
Headquarters

Where is your hometown?
Cumming, GA

How long have you been at FCPL?
I think it has been 18 years.

What other jobs have you had at FCPL?
CSA, Circulation Assistant, Materials

Why did you choose to work in a library?
I love books and technology. 

Describe your job in five words or less.
Change, cables and helping people! 

What is unique about your job?
I love the different components of my job.  In one day, I can create a presentation, resolve a hardware issue, and load new software. 

What is your favorite part of your job?
I love using technology to make the tasks staff and patrons have to perform easier. 

What’s the most interesting place you’ve lived or traveled?
I’ve been to Seattle and I had dinner at the Space Needle. 

What are your hobbies?
I love all things Star Wars and Doctor Who, reading, scuba diving, and playing with my new dog, Smaug. 

What are you reading right now?
Prudence: The Custard Protocol: Book One. It’s steam punk with vampires and werewolves. 

Paper books or eBooks?
            Both, at the same time.

No comments: