Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Library Limelight: Bobby Williams, Facilities Manager

Library Limelight is intended to be a quick read to help FCPL patrons get to know our librarians and staff.  We hope you enjoy learning about the people who make our libraries great!

Bobby Williams near Sand Rock, Alabama
Bobby Williams
Facilities Manager
Headquarters

Where is your hometown?
Macon, Georgia
How long have you been at FCPL?
10 years
What other jobs have you had at FCPL?
CSA, Courier/Maintenance Worker, Construction Assistant
Why did you choose to work in a library?
I’ve always loved the atmosphere of libraries and thought it would be a great place for a “part-time” job. I’ve been full-time for five years now and could not imagine working anyplace else. 
Describe your job in five words or less.
Something different everyday
What is unique about your job?
My schedule and location are subject to change at any moment.
What is your favorite part of your job?
I like the variety and not having to follow the same routine every day.
What’s the most interesting place you’ve lived or traveled?
I’ve always lived in Georgia and have been in Forsyth County for 25 years. The most interesting place I’ve traveled is Stresa, Italy, on the shore of Lake Maggiore. It’s a small hillside town with beautiful views of the lake islands with the Alps as a backdrop. We also took day trips by train into Milan and toured the Duomo, a cathedral that took over 500 years to build. (That might have been the same crew that built our study rooms!)
What are your hobbies?
Music, reading non-fiction, genealogy, and driving back roads just to see what’s there. Does yard work count as gardening? 
What are you reading right now?
I just finished reading Southbound: An Illustrated History of Southern Rock by Scott Bomar. A lot of that history took place in my hometown. The book was well researched and well written, but had the smallest font I’ve ever seen.
Paper books or eBooks?
Paper for books, but I read a lot of online news sites, too.
Is there anything else you’d like to share?
FCPL is an outstanding organization and I’m glad to be a part of it.

No comments: