Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Library Limelight: Janice Anderson, Materials Selector

Library Limelight is intended to be a quick read to help FCPL patrons get to know our librarians and staff.  We hope you enjoy learning about the people who make our libraries great!

Janice Anderson
Materials Selector
Headquarters

Where is your hometown?
Richton, Mississippi
How long have you been at FCPL?
Almost 8 years
What other jobs have you had at FCPL?
CSA, Materials Processor, Selection Assistant
Why did you choose to work in a library?
When I started, my youngest child was soon graduate from high school. I love the library and love to read; I enjoy people, so why not work there?
Describe your job in five words or less.
Selecting and maintaining children’s materials
What is unique about your job?
The wonderful people I work with are what makes it unique.
What is your favorite part of your job?
I love associating with all the good people at the library. I love going to the branches and working with the Youth Services Supervisors. I love reviewing all the great children’s books coming out!
What’s the most interesting place you’ve lived or traveled?
My husband took me to Hawaii for our 10th anniversary.  We’ve been five times since then; we love it.
What are your hobbies?
Reading, snorkeling, and aerobics
What are you reading right now?
The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins
Paper books or eBooks?
I like both.

No comments: