Thursday, October 8, 2015

Library Limelight: Aimee Brown, HR Representative, Headquarters

Library Limelight is intended to be a quick read to help FCPL patrons get to know our librarians and staff.  We hope you enjoy learning about the people who make our libraries great!

Aimee Brown
HR Representative
Headquarters

Where is your hometown?
Manchester, Connecticut
How long have you been at FCPL?
10½ years
What other jobs have you had at FCPL?
Materials Processor and  Cataloging Assistant
Why did you choose to work in a library?
Libraries have always been a part of my life.  My grandmother was a librarian and always spoke fondly of her work.  Before my family relocated to Georgia, I owned and operated a small daycare.  I would take the kids to the library several times each week. 
After moving to Georgia, I decided to take a different career path. When I saw the part-time job for Materials Processor, I jumped at the chance to work at the library.  And 10+ years later, I’m still very happy to be here!
Describe your job in five words or less.
Benefits, paperwork, reports, deadlines, multi-tasking
What is unique about your job?
Every day has a new priority; there’s always something that needs to be taken care of.  I enjoy using my problem solving skills to assist staff with benefit issues, compiling data for reports, assisting our department with various projects, meeting people, and conducting research on a wide variety of topics.  
What is your favorite part of your job?
I like the multi-tasking aspect of my work and the satisfaction of getting things done. 
What’s the most interesting place you’ve lived or traveled?
I am not well traveled (yet), however, I’d have to say that New England is absolutely breathtaking to visit in the fall.  I don’t miss the cold, snowy winters up north, but I definitely miss the gorgeous fall foliage – there’s nothing like it.  Maine is particularly beautiful.
What are your hobbies?
Photography, gardening, walking.
What are you reading right now?
I just finished Cemetery Girl by David Bell and am currently reading You by Caroline Kepnes.  
Paper books or eBooks?
Both
Is there anything else you’d like to share?
I love my work at the library and I love this community!  Cumming, Georgia is definitely where I call home.

No comments: