Thursday, January 7, 2016

Library Limelight: Anna Lyle, Library Director

Library Limelight is intended to be a quick read to help FCPL patrons get to know our librarians and staff.  We hope you enjoy learning about the people who make our libraries great!

Anna Lyle, Library Director
Anna Lyle
Library Director
Headquarters

Where is your hometown?
I grew up in the part of North Fulton known as Shakerag.  It’s now an affluent, developed area, but it was rural when I was a child.
How long have you been at FCPL?
16 years
What other jobs have you had at FCPL?
HR Generalist, HR Manager, Assistant Director for Support Services (Finance and HR)
Why did you choose to work in a library?
I had been a regular library user since I was a small child, so it was an obvious place for me to seek part-time work as a teen.  In college and graduate school, I gravitated to art museums and slide libraries, but later returned to public libraries.
Describe your job in five words or less.
Community, people, funding, service, communication
What is unique about your job?
I wear many hats and must be able to quickly switch from one role to another. 
What is your favorite part of your job?
I love knowing that our staff, materials, services, and facilities have a positive impact on individuals and the quality of life in Forsyth County.  
What’s the most interesting place you’ve lived or traveled?
Paris. I enjoy the city’s walkability, the museums, and being greeted by history at every turn.
What are your hobbies?
The arts (e.g., museums, theater), antiquing, hiking, spending time with my family (including my dog), and, of course, reading as time allows.
What are you reading right now?
Habsburg Splendor: Masterpieces from Vienna's Imperial Collections at the Kunsthistorisches Museum, which accompanies an exhibition currently at the High Museum of Art.  Next will be Ken Follett’s The Pillars of the Earth in preparation for this month’s Read to Lead program.   
Paper books or eBooks?
Paper.  I’ve had several long car trips this year, so I’m also a fan of audiobooks.
Is there anything else you’d like to share?
I am honored that the Library Board has entrusted me with the Director position.  I am looking forward to working with our Board, staff, patrons, volunteers, Friends and Advocates, funding agencies, and community leaders to provide outstanding library services to Forsyth County.

No comments: