Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Library Limelight: Kristy Taylor, Cleaning Assistant, Library Headquarters

Library Limelight is intended to be a quick read to help FCPL patrons get to know our librarians and staff.  We hope you enjoy learning about the people who make our libraries great!

Kristy is pictured with her husband and two daughters.
Kristy Taylor
Cleaning Assistant
Headquarters

Where is your hometown?
Mobile, Alabama. Home of incredible seafood and Mardi Gras!
How long have you been at FCPL?
About a year.
What other jobs have you had at FCPL?
This is the first one, and I’m very grateful for it. I am using it to pay off student loans. 
Why did you choose to work in a library?
The Library chose me…after visiting the Post Road and Hampton Park locations and being treated wonderfully by the staff there, I just had to join the team. I originally applied for the CSA position, but decided to give the Cleaning Assistant position a try! 
Describe your job in five words or less.
Dust, Hair, Stickers and Ladybugs! 
What is unique about your job?
I get to see all the staff and help out anyway I can - from helping Teresa load bins after a Monday holiday off to helping Dave with some facility improvements. Each day is different, which makes it quite interesting. 
What is your favorite part of your job?
I get to enhance the beauty of the Library. Also, I get to stay in shape by taking over 10,000 steps a day! And, I like knowing that picking up that penny or strange object off the floor just saved some kid from swallowing it! 
What’s the most interesting place you’ve lived or traveled?
Las Vegas, baby! I’m not a big gambler, but love to sight see! I had to go twice and can’t wait to go again one day.
What are your hobbies?
Reading, making and selling jewelry, and volunteering with my senior population.
What are you reading right now?
The Resolution for Women by Priscilla Shirer
Paper books or eBooks?
Paper books or audio. I work 3 gigs, so listening to audio is awesome.
Is there anything else you’d like to share?
I truly appreciate all the warm, genuine kindness that everyone has shown since me, my husband, and the girls moved here. My daughters, Ariana (14) and Aubrey (3), are really enjoying the area. Thanks indeed, everyone. Blessings!

No comments: