Thursday, August 4, 2016

Library Limelight: Wes Simms, IT Support Technician, Library Headquarters

Library Limelight is intended to be a quick read to help FCPL patrons get to know our librarians and staff.  We hope you enjoy learning about the people who make our libraries great!

Wes Simms
IT Support Technician
Library Headquarters

Where is your hometown?
Conyers, GA
How long have you been at FCPL?
I have been working at FCPL for over two months now.
Why did you choose to work in a library?
I chose to work in the library because the position and setting is something similar I’ve worked in before and I really enjoyed it.
Describe your job in five words or less.
Always learning something!
What is unique about your job?
It's technology based. 
What is your favorite part of your job?
I get to play with computers all day! 
What’s the most interesting place you’ve lived or traveled?
So far, it’s the Grand Canyon. It something you must check off your bucket list.
What are your hobbies?
I am a writer. I have been an author for SportsNation.com for a couple of years. I am writing a children’s story right now. I collect retro video games and consoles. I love camping as well.
What are you reading right now?
The Wheel of Time: The Eye of the World by Robert Jordan
Paper books or eBooks?
I usually use both, just depends what I’m reading.
Is there anything else you’d like to share?
I am the most blessed man in the world since I married my best friend, Ashley Pritchett Simms back on June 29, 2013 and I love my daughter, Abigail Marie Simms who will soon be seven months old.

No comments: