Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Staff Picks - Adult Fiction

I really enjoyed these books and audiobooks by South Asian authors that I discovered on one of FCPL's Recommended Reads Book Lists.

The Hungry Tide by Amitav Ghosh

Amitav Ghosh's The Hungry Tide is lyrically haunting and instantly transports you to the Sundarbans, a vast archipelago in the Bay of Bengal.



The Golden Son by Shilpi Somaya Gowda

Shilpi Somaya Gowda's The Golden Son is powerfully emotional. I didn't want the story to end. This features an excellent audiobook narrator.

Before We Visit the Goddess by Chitra Banerjee Divakaruni

I loved the interconnectedness of the characters in Chitra Banerjee Divakaruni's Before We Visit the Goddess.


The Story Hour by Thrity Umrigar

Thrity Umrigar's character, Lakshmi, in The Story Hour is instantly loveable and you'll cheer for her throughout the book.


A Change of Heart by Sonali Dev

Sonali Dev's A Change of Heart is soulful and riveting.




I hope you enjoy them as much as I did.

Meredith Causey
Information Services Supervisor
Sharon Forks Library


No comments: