Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Staff Picks - Fantasy


I love all things Sarah J. Maas and I swooned over both of her 2016 releases, A Court of Mist and Fury and Empire of Storms. However, her works may be too mature for some readers.


I discovered Susan Dennard and Mary E. Pearson through the Young Adult GoodReads.com e-newsletter, both of whom provide solid fantasy without the overt sexual content. Susan Dennard and Sarah J. Maas are actually best friends in real life! I loved Dennard's entry novel into "The Witchland" series entitled Truthwitch! The second novel, Windwitch is also available.

Kiss of Deception by Mary E. Pearson
I devoured Mary E. Pearson's The Remnant Chronicles trilogy over Thanksgiving Break. Who needs turkey when you can binge-read?!




Heart of Betrayal by Mary E. Pearson

The Beauty of Darkness by Mary E. Pearson







Meredith Causey
Information Services Supervisor







No comments: