Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Library Limelight: Ronald Diaz, Network Technician, IT Department, Library Headquarters

Library Limelight is intended to be a quick read to help FCPL patrons get to know our librarians and staff. We hope you enjoy learning about the people who make our libraries great!

Ronald and his girlfriend at a Yosemite scenic viewpoint.
Ronald Diaz
Network Technician
Information Technology Department
Library Headquarters

Where is your hometown?
New York City
How long have you been at FCPL?
11 Months
What other jobs have you had at FCPL?
This is my first job at FCPL.
Why did you choose to work in a library?
I wanted to pursue an IT position in the education/non-profit sector. While doing consulting, this sector was the most appealing to me compared to corporate or private sector. I actually enjoy the fact that I contribute to an organization that supports initiatives that help the community overall. It’s a win-win for me.
Describe your job in five words or less.
Learn, solve, connect with people
What is unique about your job?
I get to interface with the backbone of our communication network and ensure everything is running smoothly.
What is your favorite part of your job?
I love investigating problems and creating solutions. Every day there is a new problem to solve or a process to improve.
What’s the most interesting place you’ve lived or traveled?
I’ve actually been able to travel to many places in recent years but my absolute favorite place is Yosemite, California. The dynamic range of the environment there is always breathtaking.
What are your hobbies?
Hiking, biking, video games, and reading
What are you reading right now?
Into the Water by Paula Hawkins
Paper books, eBooks, or audiobooks?
Paper books – I love the feeling of having a book in your hand, there’s nothing like it.

No comments: