Wednesday, June 6, 2018

Library Limelight: Tricia Syler, Administrative Assistant, Library Headquarters

Library Limelight is intended to be a quick read to help FCPL patrons get to know our librarians and staff. We hope you enjoy learning about the people who make our libraries great!

Tricia Syler
Administrative Assistant
Library Headquarters

Where is your hometown?
Meadville, Pennsylvania
How long have you been at FCPL?
Almost 5 years
What other jobs have you had at FCPL?
Collection Support Aide
Why did you choose to work in a library?
As a child, the library was a safe and peaceful place for me to do something I loved: read! As a homeschooling mom, the library was an incredible tool for teaching my children. When my kids graduated, I knew I wanted give back. I feel so blessed to have such a fulfilling and meaningful place to work! 
Describe your job in five words or less.
Papers, Papers, Papers!!!
What is unique about your job?
In my job I wear different hats by working with Finance, Human Resources, and the Library Board.
What is your favorite part of your job?
The great people I work with! So many positive, kind, and hardworking people. We have something special here at FCPL! 
What’s the most interesting place you’ve lived or traveled?
My bucket list for travel is very deep and I am just beginning to dive in. So far, relaxing in a hammock beside the turquoise waters of the Bahamas has been my favorite place.
What are your hobbies?
Hiking, reading, and planning trips to Disney World
What are you reading right now?
Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard
Paper books, eBooks, or audiobooks?
Paper all the way!
Is there anything else you’d like to share?
I’m the person at the front desk of the Administration Offices. Stop in and say hi if we haven’t met!