Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Library Limelight: Mendy Gunter, Branch Manager, Sharon Forks Library

Library Limelight is intended to be a quick read to help FCPL patrons get to know our librarians and staff. We hope you enjoy learning about the people who make our libraries great!

Mendy Gunter
Branch Manager
Sharon Forks Library

Where is your hometown?
Ellicott City, Maryland 
How long have you been at FCPL?
Approaching 11 years
What other jobs have you had at FCPL?
Information Services Supervisor, Cumming Library
Why did you choose to work in a library?
Public libraries have always felt like my second home. I can’t imagine doing anything else. 
Describe your job in five words or less.
Set the tone for branch.
What is unique about your job?
I am the liaison between branch staff and patrons, and Management Team.
What is your favorite part of your job?
Seeing staff happy and patrons who are leaving the library happy.
What’s the most interesting place you’ve lived or traveled?
I’ve traveled to many of the states. One of my more memorable trips was camping in Acadia National Park with my husband before we had kids.
What are your hobbies?
Cooking, reading, gardening
What are you reading right now?
Best Day Ever by Kaira Rouda
Paper books, eBooks, or audiobooks?
Paper books and audiobooks. I love listening in my car and continuing with the print book at home.
Is there anything else you’d like to share?
Working at Forsyth County Public Library and serving this community is amazing!