Wednesday, September 5, 2018

Library Limelight: Nikki Watkins, Human Resources and Finance Manager, Library Headquarters

Library Limelight is intended to be a quick read to help FCPL patrons get to know our librarians, staff, and volunteers. We hope you enjoy learning about the people who make our libraries great!

Nikki Watkins
Human Resources and Finance Manager
Library Headquarters

Where is your hometown?
Tuscaloosa, AL
How long have you been at FCPL?
It’s hard to believe but I have been here almost two months!
What other jobs have you had at FCPL?
This is my first job with FCPL.
Why did you choose to work in a library?
I really wanted to work for an organization where I could make a difference and at the same time give back to my community.   
Describe your job in five words or less.
Never a dull moment!
What is unique about your job?
I am very fortunate to have a combination of job responsibilities that include working with people and analyzing numbers at the same time. I love being in an administrative role – Support Services is an excellent fit for me.
What is your favorite part of your job?
Being part of a great team.
Where is the most interesting place you’ve lived or traveled?
I have traveled some in the US, Canada, and Europe but my most interesting trip so far was to New York City. NYC has everything I like to do in one place: Broadway, museums, and sightseeing! 
What are your hobbies?
I really enjoy cooking and I love watching Chopped on the Food Network. Secretly, I would like to compete on the show, but would probably be eliminated in the first round.
What are you reading right now?
I just finished The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt.
Paper books, eBooks, or audiobooks?
I love all three!
Is there anything else you’d like to share?
So far, my first two months with FCPL have been better than I could ever have imagined.