Wednesday, December 4, 2019

Library Limelight: Donna-Marie Wiktorski, Branch Support Aide, Post Road Library

Library Limelight is intended to be a quick read to help FCPL patrons get to know our librarians, staff, and volunteers. We hope you enjoy learning about the people who make our libraries great!

Donna-Marie Wiktorski
Branch Support Aide
Post Road Library



Where is your hometown?
San Diego, California
How long have you been at FCPL?
Almost 14 years
What other jobs have you had at FCPL?
Collection Support Aide, Department Support Aide
Why did you choose to work in a library?
When we moved here, I needed to have something to fill my spare time. I have always loved to read and work with people, so this was the perfect fit for me.
Describe your job in five words or less.
Busy!
What is your favorite part of your job?
Helping with the Books and Babies program here at Post Road. I love the little ones and it is so sweet to see them progress to other programs. I also have had some of them come back and actually remember me and give me big hugs.
What’s the most interesting place you’ve lived or traveled?
Rio de Janerio, Brazil. My father was in the Navy and was assigned to the Naval Attaché at the US Embassy.
What are your hobbies?
Reading and travel; I have always loved to read. As a child we moved a lot with the Navy and my books were my best friends. As for travel, my husband and I love to go on cruises. We have been to Alaska, the Caribbean, Mexico, and the Panama Canal. We just returned from a 13 day cruise to Canada and New England.
What are you reading right now?
Noel Street by Richard Paul Evans
Paper books, eBooks, or audiobooks?
Paper. I am old fashioned that way and prefer hardcover to paperbacks.