Friday, December 13, 2013

Best Reads of 2013 (5th in a series)

I wasn't surprised that of my ten favorite books of 2013, nine of them were fiction.  But I was surprised that about half of my favorites could be categorized as historical fiction.  Although the librarian in me won't allow them to be listed in any other order but alphabetical, I can say that my number one book would be The Son by Philipp Meyer--it was an extraordinary read.

& Sons
by David Gilbert

The Dinner
by Herman Koch

Dissident Gardens
by Jonathan Lethem

The Elegance of the Hedgehog
by Muriel Barbery

The Good Lord Bird
by James McBride

The Interestings
by Meg Wolitzer

Life After Life
by Kate Atkinson

March:  Book One
by John Lewis

The Son
by Philipp Meyer

TransAtlantic
by Colum McCann





Stephen Kight
Assistant Director for Public Services

No comments: