Thursday, August 24, 2017

Staff Picks Life After by Katie Ganshert (Adult Fiction)

Life After by Katie Ganshert

This haunting tale follows a tragedy on the tracks, an explosion on a train that changed twenty-two people’s lives forever. I was hooked from the start.

 "We rarely know when death will come…..Some are warned in sickness - But others - meet death without any warning at all, in an unforeseen moment that wrenches consciousness in two, separating the living from the dead.

That’s how it would come on this particular evening for twenty-two individuals."

This author pulls out all the stops as she has readers experience the loss along with twenty-three families. I loved this author’s unique attention to detail that dropped me in the middle of this event. She introduces a variety of rich exceptional characters I could connect with. I loved how the author mixed in a few surprises and twists I didn’t see coming. It made for a heartfelt, page-turning, unforgettable read, that would make a great book club pick. Katie Ganshert is one to watch! This book's a keeper.

Nora St. Laurent
Collection Support Aide

25 comments:

Caryl Kane said...

Awesome review, Nora! I've been wanting to read this one!

MJSH said...

Thank you for the great review! I have this book in my TBR pile but summer activities have gotten in the way of trying to get to this book. Now I must, after reading your review!

reviewsbyjanice said...

Sounds really good

scaro said...

Thanks for the terrific review!!
Carol Smith
penelope223@yahoo.com

Mrs Tina said...

Great review Nora. I have not read anything by Katie Ganshert.
Blessings, Tina

Nora said...

MH This book is s Must Read, and well worth putting on top of your list of books to read. Just saying!

Sabrina said...

Love Katie! :)

Zan Marie said...

I love this book!!! This one is a Must Read Now! Katie Ganshert's books always deliver.

Nora said...

Good to hear that Zan. This is the first book I've read by this author. I'll have to check out her other books. I agree with you on the must read art. It would work well for book clubs. There is so much to discuss.

Helen said...

Great Review! This is such a good book with a very powerful message. I agree a must read.

Babbling Becky L said...

Oh,my goodness! Anyone that likes Christian contemporary fiction should read this emotionally compelling book! I thoroughly expect it to be a 2017 award winner!!
Rblewisksp(at)comcast(dot)net

Southern-fried Fiction said...

Excellent review. I'll be stopping by the library to check that one out! THANK YOU!!!

The Book Club Network - TBCN said...

Wow, Becky! Glad to know you felt the same way. Grin!

The Book Club Network - TBCN said...

You'll be glad you did. You will also be up late reading! FYI

BookishConversations said...

Thanks, Nora! I've reposted, tweeted, etc. And, I hope to read it myself. Much appreciated.

Virginia Winfield said...

Loved this book.

Winnie said...

This is an amazing book by an extremely talented author! I loved it and heartily recommend it.

Anne Rightler said...

Definitely a good book. Great review.

Pat said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Pat said...

I love your books & I read. This book looks fantastic. Can't wait to go to the bookstore and buy it. I love books like this.

Brenda said...

I loved loved loved this book! It was my first book to read by Katie but certainly won't be my last. Matter of fact I have already bought another one.

Unknown said...

wow this reads like a book right up my alley ,

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for reading and sharing, Nora! ❤️

The Book Club Network - TBCN said...

Wow, I'm excited to met you, read more of your books and share them with others! Thanks for stopping by.

Lucy Reynolds said...

This is a wonderful book. I enjoyed it so very much.