Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Library Limelight: John Hausknecht, IT Operations Manager, Headquarters

Library Limelight is intended to be a quick read to help FCPL patrons get to know our librarians and staff. We hope you enjoy learning about the people who make our libraries great!

John and his wife after Easter service
with their five delightful grandchildren
John Hausknecht
IT Operations Manager
Headquarters

Where is your hometown?
City of Tonawanda, NY located on the Niagara River between Buffalo and Niagara Falls, NY
How long have you been at FCPL?
Nine years
What other jobs have you had at FCPL?
IT Technician and Network Security Administrator
Why did you choose to work in a library?
There is a funny story behind this choice; it was more like the library chose me. I was in the process of a job search. One day I found the Forsyth Herald on my driveway, in the help wanted section I saw the perfect job for me and it was at the library. The funny part is this was the only day in the 12 years I have lived in Cumming that I received this newspaper. I did not receive it before then or since. I love working for the library, the staff and patrons are a pleasure to work with.
Describe your job in five words or less.
Helping, resolving, figuring out, satisfying
What is unique about your job?
It's never the same. There's always something new to learn, discover, or resolve daily!
What is your favorite part of your job?
The people I work with, staff and patrons, and how they appreciate what we do.
What’s the most interesting place you’ve lived or traveled?
We went on a Mediterranean Cruise with stops at Izmir and Istanbul, Turkey; Athens and Katakolon (Olympia), Greece; and Livorno, Florence, and Civitavecchia (Rome), Italy.
What are your hobbies?
Gardening, cooking, and helping friends with their computers
What are you reading right now?
The Bone Garden by Tess Gerritsen
Paper books, eBooks, or audiobooks?
Audiobooks
Is there anything else you’d like to share?
I am a grandfather of five wonderful grandchildren. My wife and I recently celebrated our 40th wedding anniversary. I am a proud veteran. During the Vietnam War, I served as a Cartographer producing Cross Country Movement maps and HLZ documents.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

We are all so lucky to know this man!

Unknown said...

Yes he a great and giving guy.