Monday, June 29, 2020

Library Limelight: Jessica Mackey, Collection Support Aide, Cumming Library

Library Limelight is intended to be a quick read to help FCPL patrons get to know our librarians, staff, and volunteers. We hope you enjoy learning about the people who make our libraries great!

Jessica Mackey
Collection Support Aide
Cumming Library



Where is your hometown?

I was born in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, but grew up in Forsyth County, Georgia. 
 
How long have you been at FCPL?

I have worked here for four years. 

What other jobs have you had at FCPL?

This is my only job here so far. 

Why did you choose to work in a library?

I’ve always loved going to the library, and I’ve always believed libraries were an important part of the community. I wanted to be a part of something that serves our community.  

Describe your job in five words or less.

Busy, exciting, fun, fast-paced 

What is unique about your job?

Since a big part of my job is checking in returns, I get to see what books people in our community are checking out. It has really helped grow my to-be-read list! 

What is your favorite part of your job?

There are so many things I love about my job! The best part is probably simply getting to be among all the books and working with such wonderful people.  

What’s the most interesting place you’ve lived or traveled?

I do most of my travelling pretty close to home. I love to hunt for seashells on Tybee Island, and I love the serenity of the North Georgia mountains.  

What are your hobbies?

Reading, drawing portraits, painting, crocheting, and watching horror movies (especially the classics!) 

What are you reading right now?


Paper books, eBooks, or audiobooks?

I enjoy paper books, but I love the accessibility of eBooks. I can bring my e-reader everywhere, so it’s like having an entire library in my pocket.  

Is there anything else you’d like to share?

I love doing artwork based on classic horror. Since one of my favorite books is Mary Shelley’s Frankenstein, I’ve done a few pieces based on that book and movie.
 

No comments: